A yoga practice can boost your team’s overall morale and productivity, creating a happier and healthier work environment.
Here are a few more reasons why Yoga is (very) beneficial at work:
- Increased Focus: By combining movement and breath, your yoga practice does not allow for a wandering mind. By being present “in the moment” you’ll learn to control your mind so you can focus on the task at hand.
- Boost Immunity: Yoga activates your immune system, gets your blood flowing and stimulates your lymphatic system. Yoga will also support healthy bones through movement that involves weight-bearing exercises. These benefits will lead to less sick days and higher performance from your team.
- Improve Posture: Sitting all day can be very hard for your neck and back creating poor posture. By practicing specific movements we will help lengthen the spine to hopefully reverse the constant hunching over our computers. Yoga is a great way to create a positive relationship with your hips and spine for long-term health.
- Increase Confidence: When you are confident in your body, the confidence will begin to spill into the other aspects of your life. Yoga increases body confidence through stretching and strengthening exercises that show you what you’re capable of. Small changes lead to major results and soon your confidence in your body’s ability is skyrocketing.
- Boost Morale: Who doesn’t love having fun activities offered at work? Getting to try a yoga class for free, while bonding with your co-workers is a benefit that far exceeds the hour spent in the room together.
- Increase Energy: Exercise has been proven to increase your energy for decades. It’s easy to spend the whole day glued to our desk when trying to balance out the demands of work and family life but that’s actually counter-productive! The less active you are, the quicker you fatigue and the less energy you’ll have to tackle everything. Taking the time to focus on yourself, even for a short period of time, is just the boost you need to tackle the rest of your day.
- Increase Flexibility: By increasing flexibility in your body, you also learn how to increase flexibility in other key areas of your life. Suddenly the things that were weighing on you, are not as important anymore. Learning how to go with the flow helps to decrease stress and anxiety and helps you roll with the punches in an ever-changing work environment.